The Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) is a nonprofit law firm, think tank, and action center dedicated to fulfilling the progressive promise of our Constitution’s text, history, and values. As the country works to rebuild and We the People work to reclaim the Constitution, CAC’s mission has never been more important, and our litigation team has never been busier.
We are seeking an Appellate Counsel who will assist in all aspects of CAC litigation, both in direct litigation cases and cases in which we file amicus briefs.
CAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates of color and candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
To learn more about Constitutional Accountability Center, please visit www.theusconstitution.org.
The Appellate Counsel’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Researching and drafting briefs for litigation at the Supreme Court and in lower federal courts;
- Reviewing cases and making recommendations regarding possible amicus support; and
- Writing blog posts and other pieces related to our litigation.
The Appellate Counsel reports to CAC’s Chief Counsel.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A J.D. and an excellent academic record;
- 2 – 5 years of legal experience post-law school;
- Be a member of the District of Columbia Bar or eligible upon hire to seek admission without examination;
- Outstanding research and writing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Experience using Westlaw and The Bluebook;
- Demonstrated interest in promoting a progressive vision rooted in the Constitution’s text and history; and
- Ability to be a team player as well as a self-starter.
The starting salary range for this position is $80,000 – $90,000, depending on experience. CAC also provides an excellent benefit package to our staff.
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, law school transcript, and relevant writing sample in one PDF to email@example.com.