Research and Administrative Associate
The Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) is a nonprofit law firm, think tank, and action center dedicated to fulfilling the progressive promise of our Constitution’s text, history, and values. CAC is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latino/a/x, Asian, and from other underrepresented communities to apply.
CAC seeks a highly effective and detail-oriented individual to serve as our Research and Administrative Associate. The Research and Administrative Associate will assist with the production and filing of legal briefs, making sure our briefs and other products continue to meet the highest of standards, conducting legal and historical research, and performing administrative tasks. CAC is currently remote through Labor Day and will move to a hybrid environment in the fall. CAC expects all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before we return to the office.
The Research and Administrative Associate’s duties will include:
- Assisting CAC’s litigation team in the production and filing of legal briefs, including cite-checking, proofreading, and formatting briefs.
- Drafting and updating litigation case summaries posted on the CAC website, and maintaining the litigation section of the CAC website.
- Assisting in the production of issue briefs, memos, and other products, including cite-checking and proofreading.
- Conducting administrative tasks, including printing and mailing briefs, opening mail daily, and logging the receipt of checks.
The Research and Administrative Associate reports to CAC’s Chief Counsel.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree with research experience;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong English reading and writing skills;
- Demonstrated dedication to a progressive vision;
- Ability to be a team player as well as a self-starter;
- Experience with Westlaw and The Bluebook desirable but not required; and
- Coursework in constitutional law desirable but not required.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $47,000 with at least one year of work experience.
CAC provides an excellent benefits package to our staff, including health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, SmarTrip benefits, a 403(b) match, three weeks of paid vacation, one week paid sick leave, and paid leave for Federal holidays.
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, and relevant writing sample in one PDF to Keo Xiong: email@example.com.
After the first interview, candidates moving forward in the process will be asked to complete a legal writing cite-checking and proofreading exercise.