Digital Communications Associate
The Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) is a nonprofit think tank, law firm, and action center dedicated to fulfilling the progressive promise of our Constitution’s text, history, and values. As the Trump Administration ignores the Constitution and attempts to dismantle progress, our mission has never been more important.
CAC seeks a creative and savvy individual to serve as our Digital Communications Associate. The Associate is responsible for contributing to and implementing CAC’s digital strategy.
CAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates of color and candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
To learn more about the Constitutional Accountability Center, please visit www.theusconstitution.org
The Digital Communications Associate’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Working with direction from the Communications Manager to develop and execute CAC’s social media strategy and campaigns, including: producing a monthly social media calendar, writing copy, flagging current events that connect with our work, refining hashtags, and optimizing the use of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other channels to distribute CAC content and messaging;
- Executing email communication campaigns with CAC’s audience of donors, litigators, and activists through newsletters, announcements, etc.;
- Developing and designing visual assets, including social media graphics, event materials, signage, and publications;
- Executing CAC’s branded video products, from pre-production to filming, editing, and promotion in collaboration with CAC’s Communications Manager;
- Performing website maintenance and implementing content changes, and interfacing with third party support and maintenance vendors;
- Supporting the communications team and broader CAC team as needed, including event support, monitoring and tracking CAC’s impact in the media, and through miscellaneous research projects.
The Digital Communications Associate reports to CAC’s Communications Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record;
- Strong writing skills and capacity to translate messages for different audiences;
- Experience developing and executing social media campaigns;
- Impeccable judgment, attention to detail, and ability to stay within CAC’s voice;
- Experience with Canva, Buffer, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Premiere, and After Effects) preferred; Experience with web development (HTML, CSS, etc.) a plus;
- 2 years of work experience in a communications role;
- Experience with WordPress, EveryAction, Microsoft Office, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook;
- Knowledge of the Constitution and the courts, and an interest in promoting a progressive vision rooted in the Constitution;
- Ability to be a team player as well as a self-starter.
The starting salary range for this position is $45,000 – $50,000, depending on experience. CAC also provides an excellent benefit package to our staff.
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.