Research and Administrative Associate
Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) is a law firm, policy shop, and think tank dedicated to fulfilling the progressive promise of our Constitution’s text, history, and values. As the Trump Administration ignores the Constitution and attempts to dismantle progress, our mission has never been more important. At this pivotal moment in our country’s history, we are seeking a Research and Administrative Associate to help our law firm, policy shop, and think tank produce litigation briefs and issue briefs critical to our defense of the nation’s founding charter. This is an ideal role for a candidate considering law school. To learn more about CAC’s mission, accomplishments, and people, please visit our website at www.theusconstitution.org.
CAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates of color and candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
The Research and Administrative Associate responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting CAC’s litigation team in the production and filing of legal briefs, including cite-checking, proofreading, and formatting briefs
- Assisting CAC’s think tank and policy shop in the production of issue briefs and other products, including cite-checking and proofreading
- Drafting case summary pages for our website and working with CAC’s litigation team and our Digital Communications Associate to manage sections of our website
- Occasionally assisting CAC staff with administrative tasks
The Research and Administrative Associate reports to CAC’s Chief Counsel.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record
- Painstaking attention to detail
- Undergraduate coursework in constitutional law or the legal system
- Demonstrated interest in promoting a progressive vision of the Constitution’s text, history, and values, and exposure to the courts as a vehicle for social change
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Experience using Westlaw and The Bluebook a plus
- Two years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant is desirable, but not required
The starting salary range for this position is $45,000 – $50,000, depending on experience. CAC also provides an excellent benefit package to our staff.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample to Char Clarke: Char@theusconstitution.org.