The Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) is a nonprofit, public interest law firm and think tank dedicated to making real the progressive promise of our Constitution’s text, history, and values. We work in our courts, through our government, and with legal scholars to preserve the rights and freedoms of all in America and to protect our judiciary from politics and special interests.
At the Constitutional Accountability Center, we view the Constitution as an inherently progressive document—amended over the generations to become more just, equitable, and inclusive. To make real the promises of our national charter, we must honor and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds, and especially the contributions of historically marginalized communities. As an organization, we make every effort to live by these ideals and help create the conditions that will allow all individuals and communities to thrive.
We are committed to the recruitment, development, and retention of talented and diverse staff who believe in true justice and equality for all people. The Constitutional Accountability Center is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage people who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latino/Latina or Latinx, Asian American or Pacific Islander, and from other underrepresented communities to join us.
CAC has adopted a hybrid work schedule with all staff working in the Washington, DC office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. All CAC staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in the office.
To learn more about the Constitutional Accountability Center, please visit www.theusconstitution.org.
CAC seeks a highly effective and detail-oriented individual to serve as our Development Associate. The Development Associate will:
- Write and submit grant proposals and grant reports;
- Maintain a calendar of all grant proposal and reporting deadlines, and communicate those deadlines to appropriate staff in a timely manner;
- Assist with research on potential institutional and individual funders;
- Help create bimonthly donor updates, and implement year-end giving campaign;
- Assist in compiling evaluation metrics for use in reports and other donor communications;
- Prepare for donor meetings;
- Process thank you notes;
- Track all gifts and fundraising communications in our donor database (EveryAction); and
- Help to execute small-scale fundraising events.
The Development Associate will report to the Director of Development.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- At least two years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of and/or exposure to foundation fundraising;
- Some experience with individual donor giving a plus;
- Experience tracking detailed and accurate information in a database (experience with EveryAction is a plus);
- Outstanding research and writing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Demonstrated commitment to a progressive vision; and
- Ability to be a team player as well as a self-starter.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000, depending on experience.
CAC provides an excellent benefits package to our staff, including health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, SmarTrip benefits, a 403(b) match, three weeks of paid vacation, one week paid sick leave, and paid leave for federal holidays.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, and relevant writing sample in one PDF to Keo Xiong: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the first interview, candidates moving forward in the process will be asked to complete a fundraising and grant writing exercise.