The Constitutional Accountability Center (CAC) is a nonprofit think tank, law firm, and action center dedicated to fulfilling the progressive promise of our Constitution’s text, history, and values. As the Trump Administration ignores the Constitution and attempts to dismantle progress, our mission has never been more important.
At this pivotal moment in our country, we are seeking a Development Associate to help grow and diversify CAC’s revenue base, which make possible our work in such areas as civil rights, immigration, voting rights, and environmental justice. This critical staff position will focus primarily on foundation fundraising, which accounts for most of our revenue base, but also will include helping to expand our base of individual donors. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate who is a great writer and self-starter, with fundraising experience and an interest in progressive legal work.
CAC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage candidates of color and candidates from underrepresented communities to apply.
To learn more about Constitutional Accountability Center, please visit www.theusconstitution.org
The Development Associate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Writing and submitting grant proposals and grant reports;
- Maintaining a calendar of all grant proposal and reporting deadlines, and communicating those deadlines to appropriate staff in a timely manner;
- Assisting with research on potential institutional and individual funders;
- Preparing for donor meetings;
- Processing thank you notes;
- Tracking all gifts and fundraising communications in our donor database (Every Action);
- Helping to execute small-scale fundraising events; and
- Writing online and/or other fundraising appeals as appropriate.
The Development Associate reports to CAC’s Chief Operating Officer with extensive interaction with CAC’s President.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record;
- At least two years of work experience;
- Knowledge of and/or exposure to foundation fundraising;
- Experience tracking detailed and accurate information in a database (experience with Every Action is a plus);
- Outstanding research and writing skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Demonstrated commitment to a progressive vision; and
- Ability to be a team player as well as a self-starter.
The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000, depending on experience. CAC also provides an excellent benefit package to our staff.
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, and relevant writing sample to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.