Justice Antonin Scalia: Life and Legacy
Event description authored by host organization. Information here does not necessarily reflect the views of CAC and may not be up to date — please refer to RSVP link for the latest information.
Edward Whelan, leading Supreme Court commentator and editor of Scalia Speaks: Reflections on Law, Faith, and Life Well Lived (featuring a forward by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg), will present Justice Scalia’s opinions in his own words. A conversation with Richard Hasen, author of The Justice of Contradictions: Antonin Scalia and the Politics of Disruption, Kannon Shanmugam, leading Supreme Court advocate and former Scalia law clerk, and Elizabeth Wydra, president of the Constitutional Accountability Center, follows. Jeffrey Rosen, president and CEO of the National Constitution Center, moderates. A brief ten minute break will take place between panels.
NEW! Program attendees can now pre-order books by featured Town Hall speakers with a 25% discount when registering. Pre-ordered books will be available for pickup at registration upon arrival. Additional copies of Scalia Speaks will be available for sale at the museum before and after the program. You can also pre-order your copy of The Justice of Contradictions, publishing March 20, here.
Watch this America’s Town Hall program live at constitutioncenter.org/live.
Event & Parking Information
- Registration is recommended for all programs. Call 215-409-6700 or click here to reserve your seats.
- For faster check-in you can now present your eTicket at registration.
- Seating begins one hour prior to program start time, and programs last approximately one hour unless otherwise noted. Programs begin promptly and latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please note programs are subject to change; call the National Constitution Center or check our website for updated information.
- Parking will be available for $10 at the National Constitution Center parking garage located at the rear of the building on Race Street between 5th and 6th streets on a first-come, first-served basis. Pick up your discounted parking voucher at registration.