The Constitution vs. Trumpism: Challenges to the Rule of Law in 2018
Event description authored by host organization. Information here does not necessarily reflect the views of CAC and may not be up to date — please refer to RSVP link for the latest information.
The courts have proven a key battleground in the fights of the Trump era. On immigration, voting rights, freedom of religion and more, legal advocates are taking on federal policy – and, often, winning. What are these new legal strategies? Will they last? And how can issues of democracy, justice, and the rule of law become burning matters of public – not just legal – debate?
- Alexander Heffner, Host, The Open Mind on PBS
- Becca Heller, Director and Co-Founder, IRAP; Visiting Clinical Lecturer in law, Yale Law School
- Jameel Jaffer, Executive Director, Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University
- Neal Katyal, Paul and Patricia Saunders Professor of National Security Law, Georgetown Law; former Acting Solicitor General of the United States
- Elizabeth Wydra, President, Constitutional Accountability Center